Resources for Students, Parents and Carers
Access online resources below
What is Labour Market Information?
Labour Market Information (LMI) helps us to research and make informed choices about further training/qualifications, jobs and careers now and in the future for instance :
· Which jobs are likely to be available in the local area
· Names of the largest employers in the area
· Which skills employers are looking for and which skills are in short supply
· Salary expectations
· Information about the job role
· Is there an apprenticeship available with this job/employer
· Qualifications required for the job
· Which jobs will be in demand in the future
Supporting your child in researching this information will help them to make an informed decision about their future career path. It will help them narrow down career choices and allow them to consider what they might enjoy, the skills they need to improve, the qualifications they will require and salary expectations.